Chair: Suri Ganeriwala, Ph.D.
- Made-up of specialists in data acquisition, signal analysis, diagnostics, artificial intelligence, logicians, etc.
- Analyze input signals (vibration, sound, speed, pressure, oil quantity/quality, etc.) via observation, signal processing, etc. to accurately and reliably assess the condition of components, subsystems, systems in sufficient time to maximize reliability and minimize costs.
- Provide a forum to spread information (user to user) about new and updated techniques, tools, references that make the job easier, more accurate, more reliable
- Assist the other MFPT Focus Groups: Systems Engineering, Sensors, Diagnostics & Prognostics, Failure Analysis, Data Management
- Develop new techniques (hardware and software) for the accurate, reliable detection of damage to components of systems to reduce false alarms, missed failures, and increase warning times
- Provide a forum to distribute information (user to user) about new and updated techniques, tools, and references that make the job easier, more accurate, more reliable
- Implement a networking site to distribute knowledge to others (internal and external to our organization)
- Provide support to the other MFPT Focus Groups